From CampusBird Blog
Boulder, CO – The University of Colorado Denver, Denver’s only public research university, has announced a new interactive campus map for prospective students. The project is a collaboration with CampusBird, developers of the map management system for displaying custom media including 3D models, 2D overlay renderings, spherical/street view imagery, and video for multiple users.
The interactive map features a virtual walking tour, detailed photographs of notable campus buildings, descriptive text for a range of sites throughout the campus, and nearby attractions including sports venues and convention centers. The technology is built on top of Google Maps, which enables users to zoom and pan as well as view the maps online or via cell phones.
“We wanted a flexible, interactive tool that allowed students to click around to see the specific items that they are interested in,” said Ashley Cooper, Manager, Creative Technologies. “The map allows prospective students and other visitors to get right to the information they need.”
The new map, which replaces a 45-minute video tour, shows off a variety of notable locations in and around campus, including:
- Student Commons Building. Opened in 2014, the 146,000-square feet building features state-of-the-art lecture halls, a Qdoba café, many student service operations and enticing outdoor public spaces.
- The Tivoli. A functioning brewery until 1969 that is on the National Register of Historic Places, the Tivoli contains several eateries, a bookstore, computer lab and a game room.
- The Lawrence Street Center. Home of the School of Public Affairs, the School of Education and Human Development and the Graduate School, along with many classrooms, it also houses several of CU Denver’s administrative offices.
- Campus Village Apartments. The furnished, apartment-style units offer full kitchen or kitchenette in every unit, complimentary on-site laundry facilities, wireless Internet access, extended cable channels, and all utilities.
- Emmanuel Chapel. Denver’s oldest-standing church structure, the chapel is now an art gallery where students, professors and local artists exhibit their work.
- The Colorado Convention Center. Just across the boulevard from the main campus, the center hosts numerous nationwide industry and trade shows as well as the locally famous Big Blue Bear.
“We’re honored that University of Colorado Denver has selected our software application to convey the depth and breadth of offerings of the university,” said Oliver Davis, CEO and co-Founder of concept3D, Inc., creator of CampusBird.
To visit the new University of Colorado Denver interactive map, head to http://www.ucdenver.edu/admissions/tours/virtual/Pages/Virtual-campus-tour.aspx
CampusBird lets higher education institutions take control of their campus maps through interactive mapping and media services. CampusBird’s team of experienced developers, designers and professionals has created the most powerful and easy-to-use map management system to display custom media including 3D models, 2D overlay renderings, spherical/street view imagery, and video for multiple users.
CampusBird is an offering from concept3D, Inc., a leading Web, mobile and geolocation software development company. concept3D offers professional multimedia services, custom software and web services and CampusBird interactive school maps. For more information, please visit https://www.concept3d.com.