- Comfortable with advanced web development concepts (CORS, HTTP headers, session / cookie management, etc.)
- Some familiarity with Apache Solr, PHP, MySQL (specifically “how these affect me on the front end”, rather than development / configuration skills)
- Using build tools like grunt and gulp
- Agile Development and Continuous Integration
- Using git Repositories
- Experience with Backbone
- SOLR Search
- Cloud Servers like AWS or Rackspace
- Building APIs with Node.js and Express.
- Experience with the Google Maps API, Mapbox, or LeafletJS and OSM data.
- Comfortable with networking concepts, specifically the application and presentation layers
- Experience with Linux system administration (Ubuntu specifically)
- An eye for design
- Experience with map-related math (mercator projection, haversine formula, etc.)
- Experience with GIS
- Comfortable with these development / DevOps / build tools: GitHub, Pivotal, Tracker, New Relic, UglifyJS, SASS, Compass